In this episode of Med Device Unleashed, I am talking to Sean Bryant, a seasoned and polished sales professional with years of experience.
Listen in to hear Sean’s perspectives on failing forward and learning lessons, what he looks for when hiring candidates, and how he manages his time.
“If you look at it the right way, and you look at it as a learning experience and something that’s going to make you better, then good. You’re going to be better.”
- Failing forward and continuing to learn from your experiences to grow.
- How obstacles are showing you the way forward.
- Work ethic is paramount to success.
- There’s always more to learn.
- Showcase your numbers and prove your success on your resume.
- Your attention to detail in your resume communicates your attention to detail in your job.
- Remember that it is all about the patient, no matter what.
- You don’t have to have the best product to be the best salesperson.
- Be hungry, humble, and emotionally intelligent.
- Focus on personal development.
- [03:48] About Sean’s background and how he came to med device sales.
- [11:00] Getting over the fear of failure fast and learning to take risks.
- [15:03] Sean’s experience in trauma and how it was a benefit to him.
- [21:00) Tips on becoming a Territory Manager.
- [25:10] Building an effective resume.
- [30:00] Understanding that what you do is a privilege and building trust with medical teams.
- [32:50] What Sean looks for in potential candidates.
- [42:35] Managing your time and to-do list effectively and efficiently.
- [54:30] What advice would Sean give himself if he could go back 5 years?