In this episode of Med Device Unleashed, I am talking to Giovanni Di Napoli. He is the President of Medtronic’s Gastrointestinal division.
Listen in as Giovanni discusses the new product launch of GI Genius, AI applications, and strategies for managing territories.
“Artificial Intelligence is here to help; to keep performance stable… or to improve performance.”
- Put in the time to learn things inside out.
- Prioritize the people you want to work with.
- Balance what you can achieve short and long term.
- Take care of your physical body to take care of your mind.
- Get up early to get ahead.
- Create value for physicians and patients.
- Have clear visions.
- Foster an open-minded attitude.
- [03:52] What Giovanni learned from his time at Johnson & Johnson.
- [05:57] How Giovanni felt about working in sales.
- [07:20] How Johnson & Johnson parses territories and reps.
- [08:55] Strategies for dealing with a large territory.
- [13:42] Advancing devices to preserve surgical techniques.
- [15:25] Moving up the sales ladder into leadership.
- [18:16] How Giovanni maintains his one-man show.
- [22:40] About GI Genius.
- [29:45] The GI Genius development timeline.
- [30:50] How GI Genius integrates into a practice.
- [31:23] Will the Medtronic GI division move to direct to patient marketing with the GI Genius?
- [34:00] Did Giovanni expect the progress of his department 5 years ago?